Friday, February 2, 2018

Exciting News and Training Update

It was an exciting week because I am officially on board as a 2018 Skirt Sports brand ambassador! I
have a few friends that have been ambassadors and I am late to the party but better late than never, right?!

Who is Skirt Sports you ask? The Skirt Sports brand was started by former pro triathlete Nicole DeBoom. She was frustrated by the lack of cute and functional women's specific clothing available to train and race in so she created the company to help women feel confident and excited about their clothing choices. I can relate to this because some of the cycling and tri kits out there are not flattering at all - no matter what your size is. Nicole also wanted to create a brand and community for ALL women - not just the ones that look perfect. We all have our own body types, shapes, sizes, athletic abilities and that's really where the #realwomenmove campaign stems from. Real women - real bodies - real inspiration.

Now since learning more about the brand and trying more of the products and getting to know some of the fellow ambassadors I am sure that this is going to be a great year! I'll be doing some product reviews for some of the items I really like such as the Redemption run capris and knickers and the Lioness skirt in the coming weeks and months so stay tuned! If you do decide to purchase something use my code: 588McGo for 15% off your purchase!

Speaking of training, January is gone and I calculated my training mileage (see image below). I biked a lot more than I thought I did (mostly on the trainer - boo), ran a decent amount (lots of dreadmill), got in a decent amount of core work including some barre classes and started to swim again (albeit not enough). I've been feeling tired this week and now I see why! February I have some work trips to Cancun and Chicago so I will get in as much as I can but when I travel I am lucky to get in one workout a day versus my normal two or three. Maybe the downtime will be good for me so I can come home and really build up again in March.




1 comment:

  1. Congrats, and welcome to the Skirt family! I love the group a lot! It's one of the best group of ladies you will find! :)

    ReplyDelete