Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Training & Racing Update for Summer

Wow - it's almost August already and I haven't blogged. Sorry everyone it's been a busy summer! Don't worry - I have been running and racing as per usual just not writing as much as I should! After the Cleveland Marathon in May I raced the Eagle Up Ultra again in early June. My goal was the 100k this year but I ended up having a rough day of GI issues so called it at 50 miles. I ended up first female for the 50 again albeit a little slower than last year. This one is such a great race though that I am sure I will be back again next year for 100k or maybe more!

After Eagle Up I did a new race in my backyard this summer called the Mingo Madness 15K. It's a doozy of a race with about 1200-1300 ft of elevation gain over 9ish miles. It was a great turn out and a butt kicker for sure. I was happy with an AG win for this one for sure!

I ran my first 5K since March in downtown Akron 2-3 wks back called the Andrea Rose Teodosio 5K and that was tough as well since most of my runs these days are longer and slower. I ended up around 21:40, not my best time but good for 1st AG and a top 10 finish in a pretty good field of ladies so happy with the result.

With the Erie Marathon and Akron Marathon quickly approaching in September I have been running between 50-60 miles a week and getting in long runs of 16-20 last month or so. Did I mention it's been a hot July in Ohio? Well it has been hot and humid for some of the runs and although I do love summer I am looking forward to fall running temps!

This weekend I'll be racing the Hofbrauhaus half marathon in downtown Cleveland with the hubby for his birthday and some of our running friends so I am curious to see how that goes. The following weekend we have the Shot in the Dark 4 miler so another sprint and I am also planning to run the Moebius Trail 50K again in later August before my taper starts for Erie.

Fall will be fun too as I just signed up for a few trail 25 and 50ks to keep my endurance up. I plan to return to longer distance next year with my eye on another 100!

Stay tuned for the next update - probably after the next race. Happy running everyone! Keep on chasing that runner's high!


No comments:

Post a Comment