Thursday, April 5, 2018

Training Update - April is a Busy Month & Another Race is on the Schedule

I thought I would do a quick training update before things get crazy this month. This Sunday I'll be running the first of three long races this month as preparation for my spring marathons. The Run for Home Half in Dover is a challenging half marathon with some good hills so it should be a good workout. I plan to get in a mile or two before and after to get in my mileage goal for the day.

The following Sunday I'm racing the 20 Mile Drop in Lake County, which will be a good quad buster and then I'll be starting my two week taper for the Hall of Fame Marathon on Sunday, 4/29.

I then get a few weeks off. Well racing that is! I'll still be running a lot until the Cleveland Marathon on Sunday, May 20! This of course is one of my favorites because it was my first half and full marathon and I get to run with all my awesome fellow ambassadors. If you still haven't signed up use my code PMCLE10 and get 10% off your registration.

I also just signed up for the Eagle Up Ultra in Canal Fulton on June 9. I signed up for the 50 miler to get in a good training run for the Canal Corridor 100 in July! It's shaping up to be an epic running season!

As far as my training goes, last week was decent. Although we traveled to Louisville, KY for some fun we still got some running in so I ended the week with about 40 miles of running, 60 miles of cycling and a couple of strength workouts - down a little from the previous week.

These next two weeks although I am racing I will not taper much for either because I need the mileage. I will just do my best to race being fatigued and while that may not be ideal it will help me build strength for my summer ultras.

I have front-loaded my week with two strength workouts and a big chunk of running so I can cross train more and just get in an easy run or two before the race Sunday. I'm planning to end the week with 45-50 miles of running and 50 miles of cycling and of course my 2 strength sessions.

I'm sure I will be sore Monday and will cross train on the bike or in the pool as active recovery and try to build up mid-week and taper off Friday and Saturday leading into the 20 miler.



No comments:

Post a Comment