Friday, March 2, 2018

February Training Wrap-up - Running to Burn Off the Crazy

February is the shortest month of the year...but it was a long, hard one for me! Training is not always easy when life happens. I had a couple of business trips: Cancun for four days and then to Chicago for a few days the following week, both of which were productive but tiring. And of course when I travel my workouts are not as frequent...if at all on some days.

And in between those two trips my car was hit in a parking lot at my gym LA Fitness in Cuyahoga Falls and although I filed a police report they have been total jerks about it and so I had to file a claim on my own insurance because they will not allow anyone to view the camera footage without a police warrant (really?). I would totally cancel my membership if these jerks weren't so conveniently close to my office. Grrr. End of rant.

So, despite a crazy month I am still pleased with my progress overall. Here's where my mileage ended up for the month:

Running - 170.35 (Average 42.5/week)
Cycling - 215 (Average 53.75/week - big drop here from January but hard to bike when travelling)
Swimming - 1 mile (less than January and also hard to do when travelling)
Core - 11 workouts (average 2.75 x week)

I'm having a harder time this season with my running. Or at least this month. I also had a minor calf strain last week that forced me to take a couple days off running and this week my left hammie has been tender but I was able to do an easy run this morning. Why can't it just be easier?! Either way I will keep running to burn off the crazy!

I am hoping that March is a better month entirely and for my training. So far it is off to a better start! Next Saturday is the season opener at the St. Malachi Run. It's a fun, St. Patty's themed 5 mile race that involves beer directly after so how can I resist that? I'm not sure how it will go because I don't feel as speedy as I would like yet - but regardless I plan to push myself and also have some fun. Stay tuned for the race report.






No comments:

Post a Comment